Wednesday, February 4, 2015

NEWS: The-Dream Launches Music & Entertainment Platform With Tricky Stewart

The-Dream Launches Music & Entertainment Platform With Tricky Stewart
The-Dream is making some power moves. 
This week songwriter, producer and artist The-Dream announced the formation of his new music and entertainment platform Contra Paris with Tricky Stewart. To nurture this platform, The-Dream signed a worldwide agreement with Capitol Records for the release of their music and the signing and development of other artists. He said in a statement, “This is a very important move for me. I carefully considered all of the amazing opportunities available to me, and I feel Steve and the house he is building at Capitol is not only the best home for my music, but also provides great support to bring all of my ideas through to fruition.”
The deal will kick off with the release of The-Dream’s “Crown” and “Jewel” EPs, which he worked on with Tricky Stewart. “That’s My Sh*t” and “Fruition,” from “Crown” are out now. The full “Crown” EP will arrive March 31 and “Jewel” is scheduled to be released in June. They have also launched a Contra Paris boutique to coincide with the new music.
The-Dream said of his new projects, “Crown is more modern R&B, and Jewel will be more what you might think of as my songwriter side, the songs I might have given to other artists before. If you put me in a box, Jewel is more what you get when that box is open. But I’m not limited by any box I’ve been put in, every year I’m expanding and growing, and it makes for a more interesting plot.”
CMG Chairman & CEO Steve Barnett said in a statement about the groundbreaking deal, “One of our ongoing goals at CMG is to build a culture that attracts and embraces big thinkers and entrepreneurs. The-Dream is not only a creative genius and one of the great songwriters and producers of our time, he is a true visionary whose relevance and importance in our culture will only grow. With Contra Paris, The-Dream will have a company to develop and launch his great ideas, and with CMG, he’ll have the support to realize them.”

No comments:

Post a Comment