Sunday, February 8, 2015

NEWS: Bobby Shmurda Talks Jail, Stabbing Rumors & Bail From Behind Bars

Bobby Shmurda Talks Jail, Stabbing Rumors & Bail From Behind Bars

Bobby Shmurda speaks to Billboard from behind bars, detailing his case and life inside jail.

The latest bit of news we got from the Bobby Shmurda/GS9 trial came earlier this week, when we learned that the young rapper has had his bail revoked. Although he's still behind bars and without a bail option, Shmurda spoke toBillboard about life in jail, rumors that he had been stabbed, and his hopes for getting out. Read the interview below.
How is it in there?
It's survival, survival. Survival of the fittest.

Has it been hard on you?
Not that hard. I get a lot of love in here.

People in there know who you are and know "Hot Boy"?
Yeah, everybody. Every time I walk the halls, I see people and they yell out "Ah Ah!" or something.

There are so many rumors, like, that you got stabbed.
It's nothing but rumors, man. I'm good. Everybody knows I'm good. I'm chilling. We over here -- we over here thugging it out, man. [Laughs.]

Your mother and your lawyer are working hard to get you out on bail. Are you hopeful about that?
Uhhh… We're trying, but right now I think the DA and the judge and everyone in the court is being biased. It's so crazy. The favoritism, yeah. They don't have no evidence, no nothing on me for the bill to be so high. I haven't been out for a year, I haven't been around for a year. So I didn't make two million dollars! [Laughs] They gave me a bill they know I can't pay. We can pay the 10 percent. And we tried to pay the 10 percent and they told us collateral. And every time we go for bail, it's something new.

Your last hearing was Jan. 29. What were you thinking in court?
When I see the judge and the DA, I just see a bunch of people [who are] trying to take my life away for being blessed. That's what I look at when I look at them. It looks like a bunch of haters.

How do you feel about the other people who are your co-defendants? Have you been in touch with them at all?
Some of them I don't know. Some of them I do know. They just started picking anybody out of the neighborhood. They got me locked up with -- I've seen, I don't know, probably like six people here. I don't even know everybody. It's crazy.

Besides your mother, who have you been in touch with?
I talked to Meek [Mill]. I talked to French [Montana]. I talked to Migos. I stay in contact with people.

What are you planning to do when you get out?
Write some platinum songs. [Laughs.] Finish up this deal I got with Epic.

Do you have a message for your fans?
Yeah. Keep your head up. Everybody goes through tough times and good times. You know what, tough times don't last forever. I say, God makes his toughest battles for his strongest soldiers.

[via]

No comments:

Post a Comment