Sunday, January 25, 2015

NEWS: Nipsey Hussle Reportedly Sold 60 Copies Of His $1000 Mixtape, "Mailbox Money"

 Nipsey Hussle Reportedly Sold 60 Copies Of His $1000 Mixtape, "Mailbox Money"

Nipsey Hussle made $60,000 off of 60 copies of "Mailbox Money."

Nipsey Hussle, we have to hand it to you, you're a marketing genius. After the L.A. rapper announced that he'd be selling physical copies of his December mixtape Mailbox Money (which was available for free in digital form) for $1000, Hussle claims that he's sold 60 copies as of last Tuesday. 
Speaking to The Guardian, Hussle said, “It surprises me, as much as I believe in it. Every time I get a transaction, I get a text on my phone, and I’ve been hitting them back. The feedback and the connection I have with these people help me understand the psychology of the person paying $1,000 for some songs that, realistically, you could download for free.”
Smart move by Nip, who'd previously sold copies of 2013's Crenshaw for $100 each. Will his next project cost $10,000?
[via]


No comments:

Post a Comment