Friday, February 24, 2017

NEWS: J. COLE SIGNS J.I.D TO DREAMVILLE

J. COLE SIGNS J.I.D TO DREAMVILLE


A Dreamville star is born.

Atlanta rapper J.I.D of Spillage Village fame has signed with J. Cole’s label via Interscope Records. The announcement was made through “The Never Story,” a visual introduction to the rising star.
The two-minute clip begins with J.I.D talking about his old Pontiac, which he jokingly calls his Maybach. Filled with scratches and dents, the beat up ride has clearly become symbolic for the young MC.
“I drove it through college back and forth,” he says in the video. “I lived in it a little bit. It’s been through every phase of my life, from me not having anything at all to me having the little bit that I got now.”
J. Cole pops up and drives the car at the end of the clip. With J.I.D in the passenger seat, a song begins playing that brings the theme home. “Pushing the same piece of shit until I get me a Bentley,” he raps. “I told motherfuckers I was sick as a bitch / The dopest dope you smoke won’t get you a whip / Watch these ni**as flip the script with a flick of the wrist.”
To celebrate the announcement, Dreamville’s 25-year-old signee has dropped a video for “Never,” the lead single off his forthcoming project The Never Story.




(C) 2017 Dreamville/Interscope

No comments:

Post a Comment