Thursday, February 9, 2017

INTERVIEW: ScHoolboy Q's New Album Coming Soon

ScHoolboy Q's New Album Coming Soon


ScHoolboy Q dropped by Zane Lowe’s Beats 1 radio show Thursday afternoon and gave an update on his new album.
“I just left the studio like 3 hours ago,” he told Lowe. “I’m halfway done with it. I never been this inspired that fast.”
Q just dropped Blank Face LP last summer, but before the year ended, he said he’s ready to drop another project this year. He even talked about what the content of the next project would revolve around.
“It’s moreso my life after I made it to the point of ScHoolboy Q. I gave you me, but I never gave you the other side of me: the father, the dude that’s actually happy, the dude that doesn’t be in the hood just hanging out. The dude that’s trying to put his homies in position now. I’m not a deadbeat father anymore.”
He also talked to Lowe about his creative process, the GRAMMYs (for which he’s nominated for two, and Q acknowledged “they don’t put rappers like me in the GRAMMYs”), the progression of his albums, the importance of street rappers, the evolution of Los Angeles rap and more.
A bonus from the interview? He said he’s got a “bunch more new records” with Anderson .Paak ready to go. We’ll take as many as he’s willing to give us.
Listen to the full interview below.
                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment