Thursday, November 27, 2014

NEWS: Two FBI agents shot in north county

Two FBI agents were shot early Wednesday morning in the village of Hanley Hills in north St. Louis County.
Rebecca Wu, a spokesperson for the FBI, says the shooting happened at approximately 2:53 a.m. She says two special agents were shot while helping the University City Police Department execute an arrest warrant at a home in the 1800 block of North Hanley Road, near Monroe Avenue.

Wu says one agent was shot in the shoulder, the other was shot in the leg. Their injuries are non-life threatening. She says this incident is not related to the unrest in Ferguson.
Wednesday morning a neighbor told NewsChannel 5 she heard the shooting.
"What woke me up was the, initially I thought it was my neighbors. They were out cooking and, you know, emptying stuff in their trash can. But as I got up and I looked and I seen the smoke coming from the house, I realized that it was gun shots that woke me up. It was probably about eight gun shots that went off," said Rebecca Henderson.
There's no word on the status of the suspect.
Police are looking into the possibility this could be related to an incident Monday night in University City when a police officer was shot in his chest.
Police blocked off both directions of Kingshighway near Barnes-Jewish Hospital to let an ambulance through shortly after the shooting happened, and an FBI truck was parked outside the hospital, but hospital officials will not confirm if the agents are there.
The scene in Hanley Hills was nearly clear by 6:30 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment