Wednesday, March 25, 2015

NEWS: A$AP Rocky Formally Announces Title of New Album

A$AP Rocky Formally Announces Title of New Album
Months ago, Rocky shared the initials of his new album's title, now we know the effort's full name. Along with the new verse he kicked for the piece, A$AP Rocky also used his recent GQ feature to formally announce the title of his forthcoming album.  Holding true to the previously announced initials, the album will be called At.Long.Last.A$AP. Speaking to GQ, the Harlem rapper explained the title with the following statement:
“I’m claiming ownership of my legacy...Look at it: At.Long.Last.A$AP. A-L-L-A. Like slang for ‘Allah.’ It’s the return of the god MC. I’m named after Rakim, and I’m finally facing what it means: I was born to do this shit. And I hope I get to do it for a very long time.”
GQ writer Mary H.K. Choi also remarked that the album "contains Rocky's signature jet-setting swag and the usual fashion shout-outs, but you can also hear psychedelic '60s London and introspection. You hear Rocky singing. And acoustic guitar. And an unknown Brit named Joe Fox, whom Rocky met near the studio." No word yet on when we can expect At.Long.Last.A$AP, but as of now we have two recent A$AP Rocky songs to work with -- "Multiply" and "Lord Pretty Flacko Jodye II."

No comments:

Post a Comment